Sixth Conference of States Parties to the Arms Trade Treaty
The second preparatory meetings, originally scheduled from 14-17 April, were cancelled due to public health concerns of the global COVID-19 pandemic. ATT stakeholders were encouraged to participate by submitting written comments and submissions until 21 May 2020. Draft documents for input were circulated on 21 April 2020. See here for the CSP6 plan of work for the intercessional period.
Information for the registration process for CSP6 can be found here.
- President's announcement of the format of CSP6
- Preparatory process
- Side events
- ATT Monitor - subscribe to receive daily during the conference
WILPF side event
Tuesday, 18 August, 14.00-15.30 CEST (online): "The gendered impact of the diversion and unregulated transfer of arms on women and girls" organised with the Permanent Missions of Peru and Panama, and the UN OHCHR. Please register by Friday, 14 August 2020 through the following email: [email protected].
Reaching Critical Will resources
Recent research series on local and national perspectives on preventing gender-based violence through arms control (2019):
- How to mitigate gender-based violence against persistent security challenges in Burkina Faso? (French)
- Gender and armed violence: a look at the situation in Cameroon
- The link between the proliferation of SALW and gender-based violence in the DRC (French)
- Preventing gender-based violence through effective Arms Trade Treaty implementation
- Preventing gender-based violence through arms control: tools and guidelines to implement the Arms Trade Treaty and UN Programme of Action
- Gender-based violence and the Arms Trade Treaty
- Women, weapons, war: a gendered critique of multilateral instruments
- Trading arms, bombing towns: the lethal connection between the international arms trade and the use of explosive weapons in populated areas
- Briefs on arms transfers, explosive weapons, and the rights to health, education, and adequate housing